Friday 13 February 2009

Sick!

This past whole week I was doing Chinese Language relief teaching at CSS. Due to poor quality of sleep on Sunday night, I was subsequently very tired on Monday and Tuesday itself. On Wednesday, I woke up in the morning not feeling at all well. I know I have a sore throat as my throat was very painful even with swallowing my saliva. So, I went through the motions of getting ready to go to school but I felt not good at all. Having a hunch that I may have a fever, I took my temperature. Sure enough, 37.7 degrees C. But since I'm doing relief, I don't feel good to call the school and ask them to find someone on so short notice to relief the relief teacher. So, I stuck it out and went to school.

The whole day, I was like very tired and not feeling good at all. I didn't eat anything although I was very hungry. My through hurts so much that I didn't think I can swallow anything. During classes, I was mostly moving slowly and sitting down most of the time. Good thing I was doing relief for secondary school and don't have to do any teaching and not much discipline to do.

Anyway, after school ended, I had to rush for tuition with my student. I was extremely tired at this point but this session of tuition is when I'll collect my fees. I hate to wait for another week. I was debating whether I should cancel or not. Then, I was also thinking whether I should go see the doctor. If I want to see the doctor, I have to go before my tuition because by the time tuition finish, the clinic would be closed and I have to wait till night. However, as it is, I'm already late for my tuition. But I made the decision to go see the doctor before tuition. My main motive is to get the medicine. I thought that my fever has already subsided when I went to see the doctor. However, when the doctor took my temperature, it has gone up to 38.4 degrees C!

To cut long story short, I went for tuition after seeing the doctor. Good thing, she only needs me to teach her spelling. Which means I can sit there and just test her. After tuition, I went home, had a shower, took my medicine, and went straight to bed at 6pm. I was again debating whether to call in sick at the school the next day as the doctor gave me two days MC. But, my sense of responsibility won again. I slept from 6pm to 6am the next day, where I got up feeling better and went for teaching again. Of course, I didn't sleep for the full 12 hours. Was waking up on the off when my family members came home. What was most amazing about my sickness was that nobody, and I mean NO ONE knows that I was sick. No one in school noticed, I didn't inform my family members because I don't see them. Sigh, such a sad thing right?

Today is Valentine's day. For the sixth year, I celebrate it with....no one. Yap, has been single for the past six years. I hope God take pity on me and show me someone whom I spend the rest of my life with soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment