Tuesday 17 February 2009

Red Cliff 2, Look for a Star

Few weeks ago I went to watch Red Cliff 2. Had been wanting to watch it as I watched the first part last year. I like the show very much not only for the actors, but also for the message behind the show. The sceneries in the show are also very enchanting. I have to admit that I'm not one who knows my Chinese history well. I always turn to my oldest brother who has read or knows everything about Chinese history. Although I have not much knowledge or interest in studying Chinese history, I do like to read books or watch shows that show them. Actually, not only Chinese history. When I was younger, my father brought back a book about war fighting. There's a lot of scenarios in the book depicting the strategies to use when fighting a war, the feelings of the author and people around. Same as when I was watching Red Cliff, the thought I had throughout the show was very clear - in a war, no matter whether you lose or win in the end, it's always a lose-lose situation. There is never a win-win situation for anyone when in a war. Much to my surprise and approval, the last words spoken by Tony Leung at the end of the fighting also says pretty much the same thing, 'There's no winner here'. Whenever I watch such shows, I always want to cry. Cry for the poor soldiers who die for the ambitions of whoever they serve. So painful to die by having a sword go through your body or your neck. Bullets are better, I think.

I went to watch 'Look for a Star' yesterday. Of course, it's a must watch because it starred Andy Lau. I'm a hopeless romantic and watching this show, again makes me dream. During the show, I have this revelation that probably because of my thirst for romance, when I can't find it in real life, I can't be satisfied. That is why I'm still single now. I have this sort of idealistic and romantic idea of how a relationship should be like and when I don't find in in real life, I get disappointed and hence, all the guys I'm with are not 'The One'.

I want someone who looks at me and only sees me. I want someone who holds me dearly in their hands. I want someone who loves me second only to God. (Yes, even parents are not excuses. That's the true meaning of two becomes one.) I want someone who is willing to give up everything just for me. (Don't have to really give up, just be WILLING to give up. The key word is willing to and meaning it.) Guess I read too many romance novels. Keep dreaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment