Tuesday 3 February 2009

New beginnings...

This is my first post on the new blog site. Finally have some time to blog. Have been wanting to blog about a lot of things. Initially was because Friendster blog makes me so frustrated. Now it's because I have no time to blog.

Why did I say new beginnings? Well, Chinese New Year is over and I think for me a new year will start only now. Actually had a nanny job that was more or less confirmed to start in March. However, in the midst of letting go of current tuition assignments and relief teaching, I got more and more offers. This made me rethink my decision of accepting the nanny job. The hours are too long and though it offers fixed pay, the pay is not that fantastic, though I maybe doing what I like. But I think if I keep doing what I'm doing now, I can still make a decent living and still have my freedom. I like the fact that I have the flexibility to decide my working hours. If I need more money, I just have to get more tuition students.

Anyway, I'm on a quest recently. On a quest to find the ideal vacation location. This year marks the year that me and my best friends of over 15 years turns into the big Three O. Instead of giving each other presents as what we've been doing for all these years, I suggested that we save up the money on buying presents and all 4 of us go on a vacation together, since we have not done that at all. Yes, we've known each other for so long but have not gone on a holiday together. We have gone in twos, in threes, but never all four of us. We all have different work schedules and vacation time and different budgets, so it's kinda tricky. I'm assigned to search out the different locations an options. since I have a budget and I want to make sure that I get my money worth on what I'm paying for.

Well, we can't go too far as the taking of leave for the other would be too tricky. I'm leaning towards Bali, but they have suggested Redang in Malaysia too. Have been trying to find some deals online and Redang is just too troublesome to get to. My searches have been heavily on Bali. Haha. We still have not decided on when to go. That's another of the problem. I really hope to find some good deals. Every year I wanted to go to London to see the Lynches but every year just can't bear to spend such a big chunk of my money. Just the flight alone makes me feel as if I'm having a heart attack.

Will see bah. Maybe I should really take on more tuition assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment