Sunday 17 August 2008

Exercise

Just a quick post before I go watch the finals of the Women’s table tennis. I went for jogging at Bishan park just now(finally!) I would love to say that it was invigorating and feels good, but I don’t feel that, actually. I’ve stopped jogging for a little more than 2 years. Had been jogging regularly during my stay in USA as there was a treadmill in the house. My host mum would be someone who would wake up at 5.30am or 6am to jog before going to work at 7am. Inspired by her, I also picked up the habit of jogging. Of course, being a not morning person, I would NOT wake up so early to jog. I usually do it when both the girls are in school and I exercise after sending them to school in the morning. This would be usually 2-3 times a week. Since coming back to Singapore, the hot weather has been something that I’ve been adjusting to and I absolutely hate it that it’s so hot sometimes. Thus, always the same excuse to not exercise.

Anyway, when I started jogging just now, I felt the rust in my right knee, which has always been giving me problems. So I started slow. I had to jog a bit, walk a bit. This gives my body a chance to warm up and get used to the rhythm of jogging again. However, this also means that whenever my heart starts to pump hard, I would have to stop. It also kinda defeats the purpose of jogging in the first place! Seems like I never did any exercise at all. Towards the end of my run, I can feel my right leg cramping up, so I was walking a lot. I did about 22 sit up after the run. Can feel the stitch in my stomach now. Haha. Makes me feel that I did something good to my body.

I hope I can keep up this exercise routine. Hate the feeling of being so breathless and going to faint. Well, other than to lose weight, I hope to b more healthy too! Ok, time to watch Olympics. Till next time…!

No comments:

Post a Comment