Friday 5 September 2008

Change of layout!

Friendster has made a change to their blog site. I decided to change to it early since eventually everyone will need to change. Thought of changing my blog colours and theme at the same time but the choices offered are not that great. I don’t like my blog to have a white background. Other than black, there’s 2 other choices - pink and blue. I like the pink one but it has flowers and hearts as side pictures and I think it’s too much for my character. The blue one has a big lotus at the top. Makes me think of Buddist themes. Since I’m a Christian, I decided against it. So, once again, it’s still back to plain old black. Ha! Still getting used to the new blog functions. I can’t find the button that allows me to enlarge the text, like the old one has. I also don’t see the button for attaching pictures, although there is a ‘Add media’ thing but the window that pops up seems complicated. Never mind. I’ll deal with it when I need to upload pictures.

I recently registered to be a relief teacher. Just when MOE has sent me the form confirming my registration, I got a call from Dezhong’s school wanting me to take relief classes for a week for one of the Chinese teacher. Talk about good timing. Anyway, will do this for some time and see how. Hopefully these experiences of relief teaching and teaching the Conversation Mandarin will help me in my application for a full-time teacher.

Lots of happenings lately on the home front. Not going to talk about that as I don’t want anyone to know. Very complicated. I know my brothers and me taking the passive stand is not helping but we just feel too laid back for too long to be active in it now. I’m still praying that things will go well. I just know that I need money. Lots of money. At the same time, I do not want to lose my sense of identity. There’s ways to earn money. Getting a proper job, staying in an office and hating the thought of getting up every morning is one way. I really do not want to do that. Call me selfish but despite all the problems, I still want to do the things that define me. That makes me comfortable and happy. I deserve happiness even though there’s so much unhappiness around, right? Well, the next week and months are crucial periods. We’ll just have to take it as it comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment