Friday 19 September 2008

End of a busy week

Last week was a very crazy week for me. Seems all of a sudden, everything comes at the same time. I was asked by the school that I was teaching part-time to do relief teaching for a whole week for one of the Chinese teacher. This means that I have to wake up at 6am and be in school by 7.30am. That’s not all. They have a stupid system that we have to work for5.5 hrs each day to qualify for a full day pay. The official school hours are already 7.40am to 1.10pm. That is exactly 5.5hrs. They even stated that they do not pay for lunch hours. So, I’m expected to stay longer at the school in order to fulfill the required hours just so I can get what I deserved. What a stupid system. No teacher will have classes for the whole 5.5hrs throughout and they expect you to be having classes all day.

Anyway, other than getting up at 6am everyday, I also have the choir singing for gospel rally at Indoor Stadium last week. Other than Monday, which I was free, I had choir in church on Tuesday and from Wednesday to Sunday night, I was at Indoor Stadium. Everyday got back at 11pm plus, close to 12am. The next day go to school. It was really a very busy and tiring time. Not only do I feel tired everyday, I spent a lot on travelling time and fares too.

Want to talk about the gospel rally. It was my very first time listening to the whole series of talks by Rev. Stephen Tong. He is a very intelligent person. While he is able to use a lot of examples in his talks, I find it too fast and intellectual for the common people. Other than the talk on the last Sunday night, the rest of the nights have talks that require one to sit at attention and listen carefully to all that he’s talking. If at any point you get distracted or even takes time to think about what he was saying, you will lose the whole tread of his talk. That being said, I enjoyed this chance in participating in the choir for this rally. I enjoyed learning the hymns and glad to have the chance to be with other people who shows such good vocal prowess. It is a marked difference from the choir standards that we have at church. Shows that when you have the time to really practise, a song or hymn can be sung well.

Now that I finally have the time to relax, I start to pay for last week’s fatign. My throat starts to get sore. Makes even swallowing saliva painful. Then, I had my period. The painful cramps! Then, I had something of a heart burn or something. The last time I told the doctor I had this problem, he suspected me to have gallstones. After doing an expensive ultra sound test, it shows that I’m in good health. I was told to eat some medicine but it didn’t really help. The only solution is to sleep it off.

Well, next week will be the last week of the part-time teaching. I have to get some other job to earn some money. Have a job that is in the works now. I really hope it goes through, meaning that it will at least pay decently. It will be something that I will love. Pray, Pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment