Sunday 11 May 2008

Shopping and KTV

Finally I got to enjoy some of the perks of being jobless. Went out to Orchard for some shopping on Friday with J. She has a much better life, being married to a good husband who can provide for her and I think they’re expecting their first child, so she has a legitimate excuse not to work. My mum also said if I don’t want to work, find someone to marry and she won’t be nagging me anymore. I would love that more than anything, but how am I to control or choose? Anyway, back to shopping. Did not buy anything much. Bought a top from This Fashion and two outfits for little Isabelle for her first birthday. I’m just glad for the chance to be out and do something that’s enjoyable.

Today, Sunday, the church celebrated Parent’s Day. Pastor gave the children time after worship to go to the front to say some things to their parents. It was a very touching moment. In fact, lots of tears flowed. For me, who can’t stand to see people crying, of course also cried with them. Aiyah, so silly. Wish I can say the same things to my parents. Unfortunately my family situation is different. I don’t have the same feelings towards my parents. Not that I don’t love them, but just too much happenings in my family that makes the love complicated. Sometimes it’s a love-hate feeling. So, when my mum complains that we don’t celebrate for her, I can’t really evoke the guilty feeling. You can’t force someone to be happy for you and do something special for you when the feeling is not there.

Well, after church, met WJ and YJ for KTV. Yeah! I love to sing with them. They know lots of songs and sing well so I can learn a lot from them and enjoy the singing process. After that, WM joined us for dinner at J8. The four of us did not have a proper meal for several months now and it’s nice to just sit and talk. Just so comfortable.

Now, after all these outings and gatherings, think I have to stop spending so much. Not working and still spend like there’s no tomorrow. I really have to curb my spending. But, I feel like going for a holiday. I can claim an air-ticket from my frequent-flyer miles or I can always go back to Batam, which will be cheaper. If I do go on another holiday, I’m sure I will get endless nagging from mum again. Arghhhh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment