Wednesday 7 May 2008

Finally a break

I can finally take a break! Nothing to do, no need to get up early everyday. Although it has only been a few days, I’ve not been enjoying this break as yet. Last Sat, I did something during my sleep and seems to pull a nerve. The result is that I’ve been having pain around my left shoulder and back. It’s been affecting me so much that I can’t even do a simple thing such as comb my hair because I can’t stretch to the back. It also affected my sleep as I can’t turn as and when I wish. Whenever I make a turn, I would wake up from pain and then have to turn carefully. To make matter worse, I have my period too! Now, my stomach, back, shoulder and lower back all feels pain. The good thing about this is that at least I didn’t have to go to work and I can rest at home. I really can’t imagine if I have to go to work everyday with all these pain, how I can stand it.

I still don’t know what to do for my life. Have applied to MOE. Hopefully this time will be successful. Still considering what I’ve been thinking of since last year, but I really lack the courage. My lack of funds is the biggest concern. Some days really feel like betting everything I have on a dream and just do it but reality pulls me back fast. I read an article yesterday about the Singapore Dream and Singapore Plan. We are so used to being told what to do in Singapore that we tend to follow the same paths. No one dares to venture out of their comfort zone. When someone deviates from the usual path, people around will say lots of things and makes us feel so alienated that we sometimes will lose our courage and return to the same rat race. Actually, for me to be joining the rat race is too late now. Having no skills, no experience, no excellent academic results, I cannot dream of making it big or ever striking it rich. It’s only the simple wish for a stable life and to really find my other half that compels me to stay on. Not sure what God’s plan is for me, but after the mission trip, I just hope that God really did use His servant to speak to me. If I interpret the message wrongly, I also don’t know what will happen in future.

Anyway, I would like to enjoy my free time now. Hopefully my pulled nerve will recover within the next few days and I can do more things next week, like reading, walking, exercising more. With all these free time, you can also expect me to blog more!

No comments:

Post a Comment