Thursday 22 May 2008

29th birthday

Have been feeling rather bored recently. The only highlight of the week was my birthday on Monday. It was Vesak Day, a public holiday. Just as well, the fellowship decided to have a program on that day. Turn out wasn’t as good as thought because many people backed out at the last minute. Good thing was that most of those with families are there. The babies and children are always a good source of entertainment. This time, we went for bowling at Yishun Safra. It was fun. Though I don’t bowl very well, but since it has been a long time since I last bowled, it was something new and it’s always good and exciting to be doing new things. It made me want to go bowling again.

Actually, most of the fellowship brothers and sisters know that it’s my birthday that day. XQ and family even bought me a present. Noelle was so excited to give me the present. Haha. XQ told me that she picked the present but the wrapping paper was picked by Noelle. Nice. Not too bad design. The sad thing was that the dinner program was not joined by many people. Most of them has other commitments and had to leave. I was quite sad. However, WX and the rest surprised me. Think they told the people at the restaurant to celebrate my birthday at the end of our dinner and they restaurant played the birthday song heard by EVERYONE at the restaurant. Every patron at the place was like singing birthday song to me. That was soooo embarrassing. I felt like a 5 year old. Haha.

Well, other than that, it was nothing much about my birthday. Family, we’re used to not celebrating any occasions. When I woke up, no one was at home. The thing that disappointed me the most was that the Lynchs forgot my birthday. They remembered last year and even sent my presents and cards from UK. This year, they forgot. Not that I want any presents from them. But at least a phone call would be nice. I even logged on to Skype at night just to give them a chance to call me but even though they are shown to be online, they did not try to call me. It was only the next day that I received an e-card from them. Very obviously sent very last minute loh. Must really thank internet and technology. If not, will not even get an e-card.

Sigh, maybe I shouldn’t place so high an emphasis on the Lynchs anymore. They have moved on with their lives. I should too. Like what Anne said before, ‘The time at Fairfield was a good time and was fun, but now it is time to move on and let them but their own family.’. She’s right. I was not family and never will be. Who am I to demand that they always remember about me. Although the girls are very important to me and I love them so much, they were never mine and will never be mine. They’re so loved by their parents and their families, they don’t need me. Perhaps I should move on too. My thoughts are always filled with my time in Fairfield. Even little things that happened then are stilled remembered very vividly. They may be the best years in my life but they’re not the only years. I still have more memories to look back on and better memories to create.

Well, maybe. Maybe it’s time to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment