Wednesday 4 October 2006

Blogging from Mexico

So, I’m currently in Mexico now. Feeling great! Things are so much cheaper than in England. I think I’m getting fat from eating the local food everyday. Actually not think, I AM getting fat from eating so much. Initially had a big culture shock when I came. Bere’s house is just so different from what I’m used to. Call me spoilt. Anyway, she tried her best and everyone is very nice to me, in fact generous and kind, so I cannot be ungrateful and complain so much.

Right now I’m travelling central Mexico(or South?) with Bere. Went to San Luis Potosi and in Guanajuato now. Tomorrow going to San Miguel. After that, a few more cities that I’ve not learnt to pronounce their names yet. Will update more if I get free internet access again at the hostels I’m staying at. I have major headache trying to listen to Spanish and understand them. Bere is just babbling off all those Spanish names of places and things and people and they just go over my head as I can’t understand and don’t bother to remember them. Haha! Spanish is just not the language that I’m interested to learn. However, for the sake of communication, I’m forced to learn few words here and there. Talking with Bere’s mum is with sign languages and her speaking Spanish while I try to use my ’smart’ brain to decipher what she’s trying to say. Good thing I’m actually pretty smart! That’s what Bere’s mum said anyway.

The Mexicans I meet don’t get to meet people who speak English often. I’m always the butt of their jokes for my broken Spanish. They’re always curious to find out how I like their cities/country/culture/food. I always have to answer the question of where exactly Singapore is. So far, the most hilarious one I got was that capital of Singapore is Bangkok! Haha!

Anyway, I’m too lazy to write all the experiences. Maybe in the next blog. I’m loving it here in Guanajuato. Meeting new people is always fun but I’m tired of being asked the same questions again and again. I know, I know, I have to talk more. Being too quiet is the reason I lose friends and why friends don’t like to hang out with me. What to do, that’s me. I wish everyone reads my blog so I can just blog down my feelings and experiences without having to actually vocalise them. Haha! Till next time…..




Sylvia
October 5, 2006 at 4:29 pm

you hv a sweet voice.. speak up!!!blog’s artificial sometimes, and i’m sure you’ll agree..can’t wait for you to be back hun!!and i’d love to learn spanish!

No comments:

Post a Comment