Monday 30 October 2006

Finally back in Singapore!!

Finally, after an absence of 2 years, I’m back home in S’pore. I don’t know. Maybe I’ve changed after all. Seems like everything looks and feel different to me. Even seeing my own room feels so strange to me. Of course I’m happy to be home, to see my friends and eat the food that I grew up with. Just that many things have changed in my absence and I have to get used to the changes.

When I was travelling, I was hating the feeling of living out of a suitcase/backpack. Now that I’m home, I think I’m so used to living on the go that I’m feeling funny to be having permanent place for my things. I miss the friends I’ve made on my journeys too. Talking about my things, I have sooooo many things to pack and unpack!! I’ve accumulated so many things from my 2 years abroad and I have to sent back 3 boxes of things in addition to the 2 big suitcases that I have to lug back. Now, I have to unpack and clear things from my small room so I can fit the new things in. It’s a tedious and tiring process. Wish I have more room for everything.

When I came home, I was wondering what I came back for. My home is not exactly the place to come home to, with all the problems present. The first half hour of coming home, I wish to run away again. It is the love and friendship from friends and brothers and sisters in church that kept me here in S’pore. I don’t really know what I want or what to do now.Well, can only take things one step at a time. Hopefully I can get adjusted and settle down soon. Though I wish to leave, I want to stay on here too. Oh, the irony!!

No comments:

Post a Comment