Wednesday 26 July 2006

Last few hours

I’m going to fly to London in a few more hours. Can’t help myself. Have to blog. Don’t really know what I’m feeling. I guess it’s not so bad since I’m leaving from my friends’ place. Not from the Fairfield house. So I don’t have the ‘yi yi bu she’ feeling. I called the few friends I have here in the States yesterday. Other than Bere, whom I’m going to see in 2 months, I don’t know if I will ever see the rest of the good friends that I’ve known so well. Going to miss them. I’ve learnt from past experiences that promises of keeping in touch, especially through emails, is not guaranteed. Nothing is guaranteed, I guess.

I realised, as I lie in bed last night, that I’ve not left this country(USA) at all ever since I came here on 27 Sept 2004. True, I went to Canada, but that is like the backyard of USA, so it doesn’t really count. It’s really a little scary to be leaving now. I know I won’t be coming back here for a long time, if at all.

As I prepare myself for leaving and packing my luggage, I’m still having the surreal feeling that it’s not happening. Probably will feel more when I reach the airport or when I get on the plane. But then again, I’ve flown so many times these 2 years that it may also numb me.

It’s going to be a long night. The flight is scheduled for 9.25pm. The flight to London takes about 6.5 hrs. Which means when I reach London, it’ll be 4am but London time will be about 9am! Don’t think I will go to bed when I reach the house. Will be happy to see the girls and my host parents. The unpacking will keep me busy too. I’m guessing the sadness, excitement and anxiety of leaving here and going to London will keep me awake during the flight. So, it’s going to be a very tiring night/day for me.

Well, this time tomorrow I’ll be in another continent, another time zone, another house, another country. Really hope London will be a good place for me! I’m looking forward to more adventures(good ones) and I hope my money would not run out!

Take care everyone! See you soon! I’m off to London!

No comments:

Post a Comment