Thursday 15 June 2006

A child's trust

The other day was playing with Kara and Brigid outside the house in the driveway. They were on their bikes(Kara on her 4-wheel bike and Brigid on her tricycle) and going around the driveway while I was sitting by the side on a bench. I started to play with them in that when they passed by me, I would shout, ‘Stop!’ and they would stop and I would shout, ‘Go!’ in about 2 seconds and they would go again, just like I’m a traffic light. This went on for a while, like 3-4 times and I decided to tease them a little. When Brigid came to me, I shouted, ‘Stop!’ and then proceeded to look away and pretend that I ‘forgot’ about saying ‘Go’. It wasn’t long, probably about 10 seconds or so. I thought to a young child, that would be long and she would get impatient and told me to say ‘Go’. When I happened to be ‘looking around’ and glance at Brigid, I saw that she wasn’t showing any signs of being impatient. She was just staring at me and waiting patiently for me to give her the command. She didn’t get it that I was teasing/playing with her. Her face was devoid of expressions(but not blank look) and just looking at me. I don’t really know how to describe it. When I saw that and look into her eyes, I saw one thing - TRUST. It is at that moment I realised that it’s Brigid’s best look and she really looked very beautiful, more than any smiles that she could give. Just to see that face, I did the ‘forget’ part a few times and all those times, she was still very ignorant and very patient with me. I really enjoyed playing with her that day.

This is one of those times when taking care of the girls that I feel myself ready to lay down my life for them. Even though they’re not my own children, sometimes when I hold them or when they do something, I would feel my heart just bursting with love for them, so much so that I want to cry! Hehe…


Children can be troublesome and worrisome sometimes, but it’s those moments of happiness they give you that makes you forget about all the troubles in the world and you just want to make sure that they’re safe and happy.

I’m going to miss my girls so much when I go home!!! :~(




Kid
June 16, 2006 at 3:02 am

I understand how you feel and reading this entry brings a smile to my face. I just wonder how you are gonna get through to regular momentum, pre States, coz you will really miss the family badly. Then, every single task will bring back fond memories. Be it, playing with the kids, dining together, the jokes, the outings, the companion…argh…nevermind, when u return, we go out often…me act as kid for you to take care. heheheheheh. Syl will join in the fun too.

Sylvia
June 16, 2006 at 3:13 am

yeah yeah.. we be kara and brigid lah..bec be kara cos she older and i be baby brigid lah..you can reminise then.. :) hahhaha…

Winnie
June 17, 2006 at 11:37 am

Haha! Thanks for your thoughts but it’d get kinda awkward if I hug you to my busom and give you kisses all over, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment