Friday 7 May 2010

Baking

Since I have more time now, I've renewed my interest in one of my favourite past-time - baking. Actually my interest in baking started when i was in the States. My host dad likes to cook and they have everything needed to cook or bake, from baking dishes, casserole pan, pots, pans, measuring cups, etc. Most important of all, they have two, TWO big ovens in the kitchen, which is like a baker's heaven! So, I started experimenting with recipes that are shown on boxes and cans and progress slowly to the secret recipes of my host parents'. When I came back home, I realise that I only have a small oven at home. There's no measuring spoons, measuring cups or baking things. I had to slowly buy them and accumulate them as I make different things. My family and friends have been my guinea pigs whenever I bake anything. So far, other than my mum who doesn't like things too sweet, the feedback has been very positive! Hehe! Here are some of my experiments:

Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Very yummy but I guess presentation needs working on. The shredding of the carrot takes a lot of work too!

I made this for JP's birthday as I didn't know what to buy as present for her. I initially test made another big chocolate cake for her but it was a really fudgy cake that melts when being out on the outside for too long, so I thought of this one which is easier to make and easy to bring out too.

I made this just the day before. A friend of mine loves cheesecake and I bought the crust very long ago that I decided to use it. I found a really simple to make recipe and it turned out very good! But it's sort of too plain. I would want to try other variations of cheesecake next time, like blueberry, oreo or chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. You should really get a better camera...
    Can't really see your photos clearly, looks too dark most of the time..

    ReplyDelete