Sunday 21 June 2009

Europe trip - Day 1

Ok, I've been procrastinating for a week now to do my photos for the Europe trip. I shall try from today to sort the photos out and also blog about the trip so I can remember about it in future. In order that I don't a very, very long post (it's a two weeks trip), I'm going to blog about it day by day, so check out my blog till I'm done with all two weeks of it. However, I may not be updating it everyday. Too many pictures to sort out, from my camera, as well as WJ's, so it's double the time. Be patient with me.

I'll start with day one of our trip. We flew off on 31st May (Sunday) morning and reached London at 3.30pm (UK time). A brought K and C to the airport to fetch us. D and B were at a birthday party of B's friend. It was wonderful to see my host family after so long. K was not shy with me at all. She recognised me immediately at the airport and ran to hug me. C was very shy but curious too.

We took a bit of a longer time to get back to the house as A said there was a traffic jam on the expressway that we're supposed to take to get back so we have to go by another way. However, she's not very good with directions and in the end the trip back home became a road trip to see a little of London's suburbs.

When we got to the house, B came to the front door to meet us. She recognised me (thanks to Skype) but was a little hesitant to run to me. She came eventually and I was so happy and surprised by how much she has grown! Later, when I asked her, I realised that B doesn't really remember much about what we did in Fairfield, USA when I was with the family. She was too young then, I guess. K was still able to remember me and some of the neighbours and friends she had there.

After a dinner of BBQ chicken that D cooked, they gave me a surprise birthday celebration. Actually, I knew that they're going to celebrate for me because they told me on my actual birthday. D made a cake for me and the children were very excited to get to eat cake for desserts.

My birthday cake made by D. My favourite chocolate flavour!


Presents! For me! And cards made by K and B.


Me with the three children. B and C are holding my presents.

B, me and K

Dutch - the best doggy in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment