Monday 22 June 2009

Europe trip - Day 2

WJ and I slept for nearly 12 hrs for the first night in London. The next day, we actually didn't plan for any programs as I thought of spending some time with host family, namely the girls, and also to get over any jet lag we may have.

We had a big breakfast that D made in the morning. It was kind of awkward in the kitchen as I know my way around the kitchen but at the same time, I'm no longer living with them, so I didn't want to appear to be too imposing by just opening cupboards and rummaging for food in the fridge. D asked if we would like to have omelette since he's clearing up things in the kitchen, so we agreed. It was kind of embarrassing that we just sat and waited around for him to make our breakfast and serve us.

Anyway, after breakfast, I brought WJ to walk around the town of Beaconsfield, just to see what shops there are. We also want to check out how far it is to walk to the bus-stop that we have to go to when we want to take the bus to Heathrow airport as we're taking the bus ourselves to the airport on Sat. It was just window shopping and to see what things there are to buy in the local clothes store, shoes store, etc. It was also to see the way of life of suburb London.

WJ took a nap in the afternoon and while I was feeling tired too, I couldn't sleep in the afternoon. When the girls came home from school, I went to talk to them a little. They had a short rest and had to go to church for their bible class. The girls requested that I bring them to church, which is only a 5 mins walk away, so I agreed. After that, I went to bring them home again an hour later. A came home earlier for us and we had dinner. D knew that I love the baked salmon he made so he prepared it especially for me, together with his home-made mash potatoes. It's true that I like the baked salmon he made. In fact, I think it's the only salmon that I will eat as I don't eat raw salmon and normally won't order fish when eating outside. WJ was very impressed with the mash potatoes D made. She thought it's made from the powder kind and was very surprised when I told her D made it from scratch with real potatoes as the mash potatoes are very smooth. So, she now knows how good D is in cooking. Haha!

We didn't go anywhere for this second day, so there's no pictures taken. I will show some pictures of the house of my host family in London.


View of front of the house from third level guest room


View of the back of the house. The swings, slides and play-house came with the rented house

Guest room WJ stayed in

Guest room I stayed in

No comments:

Post a Comment