Sunday 10 May 2009

Updates, happenings

Has been a long time since I blogged. I've been so addicted to playing with Mousehunt on Facebook that I don't really want to do anything else. There's so many games on fb, actually that I can't stop. Blogging needs time. I need time to think and plan what I want to write, so the fifteen minutes in between sounding the horn in MH is not enough for me to think, so I just stopped blogging.

Anyway, I want to blog about my past happenings and thoughts. Not much, actually, given my current boring status. Last Tuesday had dinner with S and R and WJ. It had been a long time since we last met up and I did it individually with each of them, never together, so this gathering is much treasured. S and R are even crazy enough to blog about the dinner immediately after they got home that same night. Hats off to them! Well, it was a great time spent with old friends. One, it got me out of my house and force me to go out. Being a private tutor, I'm either at home or at students' homes. I seldom go out, so to go out sometimes means a lot to me. Two, it got all of us together to catch up. This is actually the first time that I organise a dinner with this group of friends that went smoothly, i.e, everyone are free on the same day, same time. Reason for organising this dinner? No reason. Just one day, I was tutoring my student and there's this strong urge to ask R out for a meal. Then while smsing, I thought we could also ask S out, so the dinner is on! It happened that the day that we're having the dinner, WJ asked me if I want to watch a movie and I told her I'm meeting S and R and asked her along.



The four of us had been friends for more than half of our lives. We were in the same class for all four years in secondary school and happened to like each other enough to keep in contact. We moved on to different paths in life after graduation and are at different jobs and different stages in our lives now but somehow, there's no awkwardness when we meet up. Conversations flow freely, smiles given readily and even hugs are aplenty. This is what I call real friendship.

Looking at the picture reminds me of how much I miss being with friends and just talking. I had just a session like that yesterday when we had fellowship program at EW and XL's house. It was a pretty informal potluck session, with everyone contributing a little food here and there. I like the part where we stayed back just to talk. It is strange that even though most of the conversations revolved around family, children, children's schooling, etc, I was not bored and was even able to contribute. The icing on the cake was being entertained by 3 months old MX. She's very cute and nice to hold. I like children. Young children. The younger they are, the more I like them. Hee...

On another note altogether, I'm preparing to go on the Europe trip at the end of the month. I've still not told my mum about it yet. I dread the outbreak it will bring. She seems to think that for every cent that I made, I should give it to her, instead of spending it on holidays, clothes, etc. It's not enough that I just give her a little allowance every month. Her thinking is, if I have enough to travel, why not give her more? I just think that I work, I made, I spend. Simple as that.

Anyway, my host mum emailed me yesterday that she will be making a stop in Singapore for her work next week. She said she will try to meet me if she has a free up in her work schedule as there's a lot of meetings and business meals to attend. I was quite excited on that. However, we're not too hung up on whether she can meet me or not, since I'll see her in London in a few weeks' time. I'm also not sure how to behave with her since I've not had dinner with just my host mum and me. We've always had the children as the buffer. I'm just hoping that maybe next time, the whole family can come to Singapore and I can introduce to the girls this place that I call home. They'll be really amused that people will and can speak Mandarin to them.

I know this is a very random post. But they're some thoughts that I want to note down for future reference! Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment