Friday 8 September 2006

Ireland trip

This is going to be a short blog. Don’t intend to blog about my whole trip in Ireland as it’s 6 days long. But I can tell you that I totally enjoy this trip and I love the people on the tour, Ireland, Irish guys and the beers! I’m been on so many tours before by myself and this is the one that I enjoyed the most and feel very happy about throughout the whole trip. I think I mentioned before that I wasn’t very excited to be going on the trips to Ireland and Scotland because of all these emotions I’m going through these recent months. Now, I’m totally psyched up for Scotland because I had such fun in Ireland.





The tour had a total of 22 people, including me. All of them are Australians except for me from S’pore, 2 Americans, 2 from New Zealand, 2 from Canada and one from South Africa. The Australians are such fun people! During the tour, because we’re in Ireland and the Irish are known for their drinking, we go out every night to pubs and drink. I don’t drink every night though. The Aussies are really mental people. They can be so fun and crass and loud and crazy! I really love hanging out with them, not that I had a choice. I had fun listening to the Aussie slangs and accents. They were quick to teach me too.

Our tour guide, Mike, is very fun, not to mention cute too. He cracks corny and dirty jokes throughout the boring and long bus journeys, sings Irish songs and tells us stories and folklore of the Irish. He’s made it interesting for everyone on the bus and sometimes do drink and party with us too. The Irish guys in the pubs always show interests in some of our girls in the group, even though sometimes their Irish accent makes them hard to understand.


The most fun I had was on the last night, when everyone dressed up to go out and have a good time as a form of celebration for the end of the tour.

My roommates made me dress up by lending me their clothes. They even conspire to get me drunk and wasted as they know I’m not a good drinker. I’m glad to say they didn’t succeed, though I did drink more than my usual allowance. Everyone was really crazy that night and I even had a little flirting session with Mike! Haha!

I left Ireland with sad and happy feelings as I learnt so much from the tour. Before going, I didn’t know much of the country. Now, I know that they have so much culture, language(Gaelic), struggles and beliefs.
It rea
lly opens up my mind to this beautiful country. I think I won’t be going back to this place again and the people would not be the same anymore. However, I’m glad to have to chance to explore it with such fun people and to see the beauty of the place.

Sylvia

September 17, 2006 at 9:14 pm


glad you had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment