Monday 23 January 2006

Vacation

I was reading my friend, Karen’s blog( (http://hushiekaren.blogspot.com)the other day and I realised that her blog is very interesting to read. This is even though she posted one almost everyday about her life in NYC. Even when she’s just talking about everyday life and thoughts, it’s just so interesting and funny and just feels so good to read. I wish to do that and post more often about my thoughts and life here, but whenever I get to the writing part, it just seems very boring and uninteresting. Maybe I’ve always been a private person and posting my everyday thoughts out to the world wide web just seems so unsafe and a very big step. I know that most of my friends read what I wrote and I just feel so naked to expose myself to them. It makes me feel vulnerable! Haha!

My host family told me that they’re going for vacation in the middle of Feb. It’s a family get together time so, they’re not bringing me along. I’ll have about 5 days off then. I wish to plan my own vacation but I just can’t get the right ‘kakis’ to go with me!! Since it’s winter now, I wanted to go skiing up in Vermont(about 4 hours drive from my house), since I’ve never did that before and this is my last winter here. My best friend here, Bere, is from Mexico and she’s a big shopper, so she spent all her money already and can’t go with me. The other au pairs that I’m close to do not have the same off days as me, so it’s pretty hard to ask them to go with me. Sigh…I would have gone by myself but a vacation is always more fun with friends and it’s cheaper to share the costs!! In the end, I think I’m just going to stay at home to look after the dog and invite some friends over one night and I’ll cook dinner for them. That’s fun too.


I went to watch ‘Pride and Prejudice with Bere last Sat. It’s a very nice show! I like it a lot! I’m a sucker for such love stories. Poor girl caught the attention from a rich gentleman without even doing anything to impress him. She’s just being herself and made him fall in love with her through her candidness, intelligence and her naturalness. I wish I could be someone who can be as comfortable with myself as her. I’m too ordinary a girl and too conscious of making an impression to be able to catch the attention of anyone rich, handsome, and great. Well, actually just someone nice would be good. Such a great love affair! I tried to read the book before the movie but it just bore me to tears(and I’m a big reader!). The movie is so much better. I totally recommend it if you’re someone who believes in plain old romance and romantic notions, like me…

No comments:

Post a Comment