Thursday 17 July 2008

Cheers to MY and only MY Poverty

I don’t like to be poor
but I deeply appreciate my poverty.
for the past months,
I have been very poor.
I told myself, I would bring you
to your long overdue dentist visit
once i got my paycheck.
I worried about many things
and felt utterly hopeless
but still
I slept through the nights
like a drooling baby
I cursed and lamented
to the ceiling fan
about what a bitch the world has become
then I swore to kill this mean bitch
and would never surrender to its claws
I deeply appreciate poverty
because it forces me to
gain new perspectives
and cultivate a wicked sense of humour
to mock at myself
which is difficult when one has
everything
and everything comes too easily.
but honestly, what is my poverty
compared to those who are truly suffering?
but what depresses me is the fact that
the world is controlled by those in power
and so are our lives
even when we don’t regard money
as the path to happiness
the powerful and rich
have rightfully made the world so.
and so the manipulation goes.
and goes and goes.
finally my paycheck arrived.
I went to do my groceries today.
and realized i didn’t need many things.
I am truly happy and rich
in my own twisted way, I think.
this is a simple tribute to my constant poverty
which I appreciate while I am alive and kicking
and always hope to float above it
heads up
I will always kick life’s ass, you bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment