Tuesday 26 June 2007

Interesting Sunday

It has been a very long time since I spent a Sunday like this. The Sunday just past, I went to church in the morning and after service, had a meeting for the tuition ministry that’s going to start soon for the 2nd semester. After that, as it was ZC’s birthday, we went for lunch. Not many of us. Only 7 people. By that time, most of the others had left.

Went to have chicken rice at Thomson Road, opposite Novena Church. Very good food. I like it. Not too expensive also. After that went to the Hong Kong Cafe next door to have drinks and dessert. By the the everyone is ready to go, it’s already 5pm plus. Imagine we just finished lunch and it’s already dinner time.

ZC and Zer wanted to shop around for furniture and I was not tired so I decided to walk around with them. They couldn’t find what they’re looking for in United Square. I suggested going to AMK as there’s many small neighbourhood furniture which could be better value for money. So went to AMK. Walked around some more. By 7pm plus, Zer is very tired. We decided to get drinks at KFC and to sit and rest our feet. We were still very full from lunch, so did not want to eat.

Don’t know why, ZC is very ‘hong sim’ that day. He got me to call Dennis. Dennis also doesn’t mind coming down to AMK for a chat. Went to the Mac opposite AMK library. Nice place and atmosphere. We sat there till 11pm plus before going home.

Throughout the whole day, there was a certain topic that we debated about. It’s too complicated and I don’t really want to mislead non-Christians, so not going to post what we were arguing about. It’s a heavy topic and concerns our religious beliefs as well as our social beliefs. Though things can be quite clear cut, there’s a lot of spaces for arguments. Ultimately, it’s how we decide to face up to our actions that has us determining our decisions.

Anyway, I’m glad for the chance to talk to brothers and sisters. It’s been a long time since we spent so much time together, since I missed the church camp. When I first joined this church, this was how we spent every Sunday and I mean really every Sunday. Now that commitments and age has caught up, being able to spend a full Sunday outside is really a gift. Hope to be able to have meaningful time spent with brothers and sisters more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment