Tuesday 18 April 2006

Last 2 weeks...

Has been a whirlwind of activities. On April 8 & 9, went to Philadelphia for a weekend vacation with Bere and Wendy. It has been fun. Had not been on a real vacation for some time. Real as in staying in hotel, eating outside food, etc. I enjoyed the time spent with Wendy and Bere. Life and work has been quite busy lately, so has not been able to talk and spend much time with friends. Even when I have the time, they may not have the time, so I treasure this time to have their undivided attention and just talk, eat and enjoy.

Cam back late on Sunday night and the next day, Monday, when I woke up, realised that I’m sick. Still have to work, and as the day goes by, got sicker. Had a fever of 101.2 degrees F (~38.3 degrees C). When Dan(my host dad) got home at 6.15pm, I went straight to bed. The next few days were just laying in bed and sleeping or just lying down. Really feel very giddy and tired. Can’t even eat. Whatever I eat, I just threw them up. Even the thought of food turns me off, which shows how sick, I am, being a person who loves food. Anyway, finally feel much better on Thursday when we have to go to Cincinnati, Ohio for Easter. Then, realised that I have a toothache! What a bother! Just when I feel better enough to eat and gain back my strength, I can’t chew cos of the toothache!

I have to endure the toothache pain for the past few days till we come back from Ohio. Although I can go to any dentist, I feel that it’s better to go to one close to home here in Connecticut as it may make the insurance filing easier. Don’t even know if this toothache will be covered under my insurance plan. Here, going to a doctor is soooo expensive. A general outpatient is a minimum 100 dollars plus. Having insurance is very, very important in the USA. That’s why there’s so many over-the-counter medicine available. Unless you’re very, very sick, just buying something from the pharmacy to cure the sickness is the most common form of dealing with a sickness.

I still have to book an appointment for the dentist. Actually the pain is getting better. Thinking of not going at all. But then, if I don’t look after it now, what if it comes back again? Then maybe it will get worse. What to do…I don’t even know which dentist is good around here. One really has to be in good health. It sucks to be sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment