Tuesday 7 February 2006

Recent Happenings

I feel much happier recently. Probably because I have so much going on in my life now. Being busy is always better than nothing to do. Just sitting there will get me thinking about silly things and that’s the sad and pathetic part.

I’m taking basic French class and line dancing now. French was interesting. Very interesting. But I have to make extra effort to keep up with the class. Although most of them are older persons, they have some connections to French culture/language or have learnt it before. The teacher is a French native married to an American man but she has such a strong French accent. I can’t understand what she’s saying sometimes. When she blabbers off in French, I think everyone can get it and laugh with her, while I sit there and wonder what’s so funny. Well, it’s always not easy to learn a new language. I’m just glad I took the first step. Proud of myself, actually.

During the weekend just passed, I was in Chinatown for both days. Since Sat was the 7th day of CNY, I met up with the other S’poreans in NYC to ‘lou yu sheng’. We went to Singapore cafe. It was a great meal and great time to meet up and catch up with them. Even though we met each other only here, most of us has become good friends and close to each other. I guess seeing people having the same language, culture and background as you really is a great joy. It really feels different. I’m happy to have found these people in my life here in the States. I always look forward to go into the city to meet them up, even if it’s just a few short hours. It just makes me very, very happy.

On Sunday, went with Anne(my host mum) and the girls to Chinatown to watch the CNY parade. We got there late and only caught a short part of the parade. Not like last year when we stood there for like an hour or so. This time, I think everything is over in 15 mins. Big disappointment for the girls, but I think Brigid is relieved. She’s so terrified of the dragon and lion dancers. Well, I guess it’s good too, since we don’t really want to carry her all the way. She weighs like 30lbs!

For the next few weeks, I’m going to be so busy, full of activities during the weekends. Haha…Really looking forward to it. Especially my vacation next week. Still have not decided where to go yet. Have to call Wendy. Will update more as I know more…

No comments:

Post a Comment