Wednesday 25 March 2009

My weekend

Ok, I know that it's already the middle of the week and a bit late to blog about the weekend just past. I have been quite busy with work since the school holidays are over and I need to catch up on my sleep.

Anyway, last Saturday, it happened that my tuition for the early afternoon was cancelled. I was pondering over how to make it for tuition and go to church in time for the combined fellowships team building. I think God presented the answer for me. Well, it was great fun! The games that the Bethel fellowship came up with allowed for lots of brains to be used (which I like) and for the various fellowship members to bond. Most important of all, it was very fun! There were five games in all. We had to go to different stations and complete the tasks within 30 minutes.

The first station was where we were asked to taste six different liquids and guess what they are. I may seem simple at first but some of the beverages had similar tastes that made for hard guessing. The next station was where we had to rack our brains to think of solutions using strings to pour a bucket of balls into another bucket in the middle of the 'sea'. We managed to do this in record time. I don't know if it's because the people in my group are very smart or we happened to get it right by trial and error. Even if it's trial and error, we got the right formula on the first trial! Haha! We took only 8 mins for the first try and 5 mins for the second time.

The third game was to look at photos of certain places in church and go to that place and collect chinese characters to form a bible verse. The photos are taken in such a way that you need to think a little and to guess where the places are. Some of the places are that normally you wouldn't pass by or to take note of the small details. But we got in first for this category! Yay!

The fourth game was a memory game. We had to watch some commercials or pictures and memorise the details. This was pretty straight forward and easy as each group had 7-8 members in it. Each of us just had to take note of certain things and we got almost all the questions correct.

The last game was for all groups to come together and play. The organisers actually wanted to make it in such a way that we would compete against each other but we caught on to the strategy and worked together to finish the task. Overall, the purpose was to remind all that we're brothers and sisters in Christ and we should work together in doing God's works, even in the face of competition.

After the games, there was a BBQ session. It was also a time for fellowship. Most of the members in our fellowship did not attend this team building but I was able to talk to the younger fellowship.

On Sunday, it was worship as usual in the morning. After worship, there was tuition ministry meeting and after, choir practise for Easter. The songs we had to sing are quite hard and with so many to learn, this extra session was necessary.

When I got home, I had to get my laptop and go to the library with WJ to plan for our Europe trip. I can finally say that other than packing my bags, all plans are in place for the Europe trip! We booked our flights within Europe and accommodation in Switzerland. With all these logistics, almost $2k is gone! Although it's major damage to the bank account, I'm really looking forward to this trip. It's almost 3 years since I've seen the host family and I get to see Frankfurt and Switzerland. I'm glad that other than London, I get to go other places that I've not been to before. I dislike going to the same places twice actually. The world is too big and Europe is too expensive to revisit the same places so many times. In fact, if not for my host family, I wouldn't go London again. Not unless it's free! Haha!

Now, I'm at a dilemma. I wish for May to come soon, so I can go for this trip. But at the same time, May will be my birthday and it will be the big three-O! Oh no! Getting old! I don't even want to think about it. Let me pretend for another two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment